Cruise Ventures, Inc. (CI Azumano Travel) joined the fight against human trafficking by signing ECPAT-USA‘s Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct (The Code). The Code is an industry-driven responsible tourism initiative with a mission to provide awareness, tools and support to the tourism industry in order to prevent the sexual exploitation of children.
Traffickers move across cities and countries using air and ground transportation companies and use hotels as venues to abuse victims, without the knowledge of owners. The travel and tourism industry is uniquely positioned to identify, report and bring protection to victims of commercial child sex trafficking.
As a member of The Code and its efforts to end child sex trafficking, CI Azumano will implement the following six criteria:
- Establish corporate policy and procedures against sexual exploitation of children
- Train employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation and how to report suspected cases
- Include a clause in further partner contracts stating a common repudiation and zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children
- Provide information to travelers on children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation of children and how to report suspected cases
- Support, collaborate and engage stakeholders in the prevention of sexual exploitation of children
- Report annually on the company’s implementation of Code-related activities
About CI Azumano Travel
CI Azumano Travel is a travel management company, based in Virginia Beach, VA, with over forty-five years of experience delivering innovative travel solutions to businesses, government agencies, and vacation travelers. CI Azumano has been recognized by both Travel Weekly and Business Travel News as one of the top travel management companies in the country. Please visit www.ciazumano.com.
The Code is an internationally accepted industry-driven corporate social responsibility framework that helps companies in the travel and tourism industry. The Code’s six guidelines require companies to put in place policies and programs to protect children from sexual exploitation and trafficking. For more information about The Code, click here.
ECPAT-USA is the leading policy organization in the United States seeking to end the commercial, sexual exploitation of children through awareness, advocacy, policy, and legislation. ECPAT-USA believes that the private sector has a unique opportunity and responsibility to combat child sexual exploitation. To learn more about our work with private sector engagement, click here.